We, cdmm (UK) Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018, the controller of your personal information is CCDM (UK) Limited (Company Number SC187473), having our registered office at 36 Longman Drive, Inverness, IV1 1SU.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
* information that you provide when contacting us through our website (https://www.cdmmuk.co.uk/). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website;
* information that you provide when you register and submit ratings and reviews on our website of your experiences;
* if you contact us by phone, email, social media or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
* details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
The information you give us may include your name, email address, details of your device, particulars of your social media account and your experiences of different facilities and services where you consider that improvements are required to facilitate hearing, communication and participation in conversation.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.]
We also use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
If you wish to delete any cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name www.cdmmuk.co.uk within the file name.
You may refuse to accept cookie files by setting it up in your browser settings.]
Why we collect information and how we use it…
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
* to send you communications about our company and the services we offer;
* to share your experiences of different facilities and services where you consider that improvements are required to facilitate hearing, communication and participation in conversation;
* to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
* to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
* and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
We will typically collect and use this information under the following lawful bases:
* where you have given us your consent (if requested);
* for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract;
* for compliance with a legal obligation and
* for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party to be able to provide our services or communications, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
You have the right to object to us using your personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests by contacting us at the Head Office address below. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to effectively provide our services to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with Google, Bing and teclan Ltd to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and digital presence.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
* if cdmm (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
* if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
* to protect the rights, property, or safety of cdmm (UK) Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers based in the [UK].
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, please be assured that we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to such personal information.
If we are required to transfer your personal information outwith the EU, we will provide you with information regarding the safeguards that we have put in place with the recipient country to protect your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary and will use the following criteria to determine how long we keep your personal information:
* how long the information is needed for the purposes set out in this policy;
* where we have legal obligations to keep the information; and
* in the event we need the information to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
Your have certain rights in relation to your personal information under data protection legislation, including the right to:
* request us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address);
* ask us to correct or complete the information that we hold about you if you believe that such information is inaccurate or incomplete;
* object to us using your personal information for specific purposes, for example, for marketing purposes;
* ask us to restrict using your personal information for specific purposes;
* request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you;
* obtain certain of the personal information that we hold about you for your own use; and
* know about any automated decision-making and profiling.
We will consider any requests we receive from employees in accordance with the terms of data protection legislation.
You may exercise any of the above rights by writing to the Head Office address below.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection legislation, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk
Third party personal information
Where you submit personal information regarding another person (for example, [insert example]), you confirm that they have consented to you acting for them and to the processing of their personal information, and that you have informed them of our identity and the content of this privacy notice, including the purposes for which such personal information will be used by us.
This privacy notice will apply to any such third party personal information in the same manner that they apply to your own personal information.
Changes to our privacy
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice